Montero tires

Can anyone tell me what are the best tires to replace the factory Bridgestone Duellers? Any success anyone has had would be appreciated.

Reply to
TThomas

What kind of driving do you do? Highway? City? Rural? Off-road?

What about your environment? A lot of... Rain? Snow? Dry?

A good tire for one person, might be an awful choice for someone else. Give everyone some more information and you'll get some quality advice.

FYI - If you drive off-road check out

look for the Mitsubishi forums.

Reply to
MG

Mainly highway and expecting alot of snow this winter. Drive approx 100 miles a day.

Reply to
TThomas

Snow - Will this be fresh snow? or snow after it's plowed? Look for a tire rated 'M+S' (Mud and Snow). If it's fresh snow and you'll be there before the plows, I'd skip the wide profile tires (31 x 10.50). Look for something narrower, like a 30 x 9.50 or 235/75. If you'll be following a plow, you might get away with a wide tire. Whatever size tire you get, be sure to get it 'siped'. This involves cutting the large tread blocks. A siped tire will hold the road better than an non-siped tire. But a siped tire does wear down a bit faster.

Highway - Something with a AT (All Terrain) would probably work out better than a MT (Mud Terrain). AT tires tend to be quieter. That said, don't discount all MT tires. I've heard that some of the more recent patterns are as quiet as an AT.

100 miles a day - Here you probably want something that's long wearing. I believe the DOT designation is 'Treadwear' A, B or C. A giving the longest wear. Again AT tires tend be longer wearing over a MT tire. The problem is that traction and long wearing don't usually go well together.

Personally, I have two sets of tires on two sets of rims. If have a set of Bridgestone Duelers P235/75's on one set of rims. And a set of BFG AT KO 31x10.50's on another set of rims. Most of the year I use the BFG tires. Once we start getting snow, I put on the Bridgestone tires.

Reply to
MG