my 96' Eclipse GS non/turbo

I have a 96' eclipse gs nonturbo...and I just got a new body kit on it and paint job and so on, So the car has price value still. Anyways, my question is...I'm thinking about just keeping the car for a while but i want to add a turbo on to it, is the block on the car strong enough to add a turbo, or at least a stock turbo without replacing a ton of parts on it. If you have any information or other forums that can help me I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Reply to
Hocklb24

There's no bolt-on solution that's cheaper, more powerful or more reliable than replacing the n/a 4G63 with a complete 4G63T. Look into prices of JDM import engines. Aside from the lower compression required (pistons on 1G engines), the turbo engine has an oil squirter that cools the inside of the pistons, plus different cams.

The ECU has to be replaced, intercooler and piping added, air cleaner, exhaust system, preferably put the bigger turbo front disks and twin pot calipers. The turbo ECU requires an extra 8-10 wires depending on the engine. Its not a job for the inexperienced or mechanically challenged.

Stewart DIBBS

Stewart DIBBS

The only problem is that from 95 up the non turbo engine was the 420a not the 4g63 that was in the first gens. But they make lots of kits for the

420a and they can produce good power.
Reply to
Josh Bellile