Oil Light

I changed my oil last Sunday. This Saturday while in the midst of a 2 hr drive to PA, my oil light comes on. I did double checked that I actually have oil and I don't have a leak. What else could be causing the oil light to come on?

Reply to
bimgyrl

Don['t know which car you have, but if it has a gauge does it agree with the low oil pressure? If it is a Mitsu, it probably has a sender connector for the gauge and light (two separate ones) near the filter housing. It is possible it came off.

Reply to
Nobody U. Know

I have an '01 Galant. I guess I can have someone check if one of the connections came out. (I would do it myself but I have no idea what I would be looking for)

Reply to
bimgyrl

I have an '01 Galant. I guess I can have someone check if one of the connections came out. (I would do it myself but I have no idea what I would be looking for)

Reply to
bimgyrl

Your oil filter is the can on the front side of the block, just above the sump. The oil pressure wire is connected near this. Look for a dangling wire. The sender will be a small device with a spade connector on top, and no wire attatched.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS