racing harness

If you install racing seats with the 4 point racing harness, what are the seatbelts connected too? Do you have to install new parts to attach them or can they be bolted to the factory seat belt spots? Thanks in advance

Reply to
justcurious

You're better off contacting the belt manufacturer, but they usually have requirements concerning angle etc. If you remember when Earnhardt died, NASCAR tried to put the blame on Simpson, but Simpson stated that E didn't anchor the belts according to their specs, even after Simpson told E face-to-face the mounting wasn't safe. Make sure you anchor the shoulder belts correctly too.

Reply to
Mark_Melinda

It depends where the factory seat belt spots are located. I've used the rear shelf points linked together with a piece of 1/4 plate, then relocated holes as needed in the plate, but in most cases I've attatched them to a roll cage. Fortunately, I've never needed to test the attatchment in a collision.

So, yes, you will likely have to fabricate some addition parts or plate in some new mounting points to fulfil the manufacturer's requirements.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS