Re: 2001 mitsu mirage-opinions please?

I am considering a 2001 mirage es, auto trans., possibly 1.8

> eng.(turbo?), 4Ok, $4500. > > What should I have inspected etc.? > thanks in advance. > Rick.

That is a lot of money for a largish turd. You can make make one for yourself and save $4500 if you don't flush for a couple of weeks.

Reply to
Bhagat Gurtu

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 11:14:41 GMT, against all advice, something compelled "Bhagat Gurtu" , to say:

Did some guy with a Mitsubishi steal your girl or something?

Reply to
Steve Daniels

My girlfriend is very safety conscious and concerned about her image. I know for a fact that she would never enter into a Mitsubishi.

Reply to
Bhagat Gurtu

The little Mirage is a great car and ver reliable. I know that for a fact because my son's chemist shop used one back in the days as the delivery vehicle. I t got up to 280,000 clicks without as much as a hiccup. But, being Mitsubishi, like all Mitsubshi's, only good if you want to run it into the ground. At 4,500 clicks, a 7 year old Mirage is on the high side somewhat though.

Beers & Cheers

Roger

Reply to
RogerM

I hear plenty of stories about them being reliable, and the shape still looks good, but there's virtually no safety gear and their continued popularity sees them being overpriced used.

Reply to
jackbadger56

Thanks for the opinions.

btw- Is Bhaget the fella that wags his finger on Seinfeld?...vehty bad....lol. Rick.

Reply to
syberic