Re: 97 Galant ES A/C Question

This part should be available from a local scrap yard. I had to replace this same high pressure line recently on a 1996 Chrysler cause it had a pin hole in it and was able to find one at a local U-Pull it place for $5. If you take the one off your own vehicle first, you will know in advance exactly what tools (sometime a special one is needed for the quick release fittings if so equipped) you will need to bring to the junk yard. You will also know what other parts will need to be removed first to gain access. I'd also strongly recommend that you replace all o-rings to help assure nothing leaks when you are done.

If you are not experienced and knowledgeable in servicing the A/C system, then leave the evacuation (to test for leaks and remove all trapped air/moisture) and recharging of the system (you will likely need to add PAG oil as well to replace what was lost) to an expert as this can be quite dangerous.

Good luck.

Bob

I have a leaky air conditioning pipe in my 97 Galant ES. The pipe runs from > the firewall, along the passenger side of the engine compartment, toward > the front of the car, where it plugs into a cylinderical-shaped component > (dryer?). The pipe seems to have a pressure tap, and the cap has an "H" on > it. The leak occurs where the pressure tap joins to the pipe. I want to > find a replacement pipe on the internet, but I don't know the proper name > for this pipe. Does anyone have a sugestion? Is it necessary to replace > the > pipe with a factory original, or can it be replaced with a high-pressure > hose or similar? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!
Reply to
Bob Shuman