Re programming keyless entry for Outlander

I purchased a keyless entry remote for my 2003 Outlander. I have heard you can find the instructions online on how to reprogram it. Does anyone have some ideas on where to find the instructions? Also, will it interfere with the one I have already.

Reply to
Hendu

Wich Outlander? 2WD or 4WD?

"Hendu" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Reply to
SBIANCO

Have you checked the owners manual,(I assume it's a factory unit).

Reply to
Nirodac

It's the AWD model. I did check the owners manual but there was nothing in there on how to re program

Reply to
Hendu

Well, my 03 Eclipse owners manual has a section in it on how to do it!

  1. ground pin 1 of the data connector
  2. insert the key in the ignition
  3. press hazard switch 6 times in 10 seconds (door locks should lock and unlock, indicating your in program mode)
4.press the transmitter switch once, then again two more times within 10 seconds of the first press. I'm reading it from the book, I would guess three times in a row would work too.
  1. confirmation of programming complete is, doors will lock then unlock again Note that you must do this with ALL your transmitters, EVERY time you program a new transmitter. You have 1 minute between transmitters, or the codes will be cancelled. You can only enter 4 different transmitters, (start at step 4, for the second transmitter).

Note that this procedure applies to an 2003 Eclipse, I suspect its the say for you, but no guarantees. Let us know if it works

Nirodac

Reply to
Nirodac