Recall for Lancer 2003

Hello! I've got a recall notice from Mitsubishi - recall number C0505J - I found on the Internet - it' something about PCM reflash. Anybody knows what does that mean? Can it be dangerous?

Reply to
bmk

"bmk" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

It means that Mitsu wants to reprogram the memory chip in your ECU. They detected a problem at some point, and decided it was serious enough to warrant a reprogram.

If it wasn't sent to you specifically, it may not apply to your version of the EEPROM.

Some recalls are very specific to vehicles produced between known manufacture dates. In other words, they may have detected the problem half way through the production year, and corrected it. Or it may appear only on vehicles with certain options. That would leave only the first half of the years production, or only specific vehicles unmodified.

Recalls are usually done by serial (VIN) numbers.

Reply to
Nirodac

"bmk" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

I did a google search, check out what others have said here;

It's a reflash to adjust the preheat timing of your cat.

Reply to
Nirodac