Removing Rubberized Coating from Aluminum Trim

On my 1990 Eclipse, the rubber coating on the aluminum trim strips around the windows is cracked and I'd like to find a good way to cleanly get it all off without scratching the aluminum. On some of the pieces, I can flake it off easily, but some is still bonded to the aluminum too well. I'm thinking that soaking with some kind of solvent might do it, but wondered what anyone else has done on this.

Thanks!

Fred

Reply to
Fred

[...]

how bout sanding it off then painting it black again with trim paint....?

Reply to
Shoe Salesman

Sounds good. Might end up painting it either way if I can't buff it out.

trim paint....?

trim

find a

the