repairing bumper

Someone backed into my 2005 Lancer last week. Thankfully all they hit was the plastic bumper on the front. Now what I want to do is get in there and push it back out (there is a big dent in bumper), but not

100% sure how to take the bumper off (if I have to, that is). I just want to pop the dent out is all. Any thoughts?

STeve

Reply to
Squeeds

Maybe this will help - maybe not ! On my 1997 Carisma there are `bumper irons' behind the plastic skin.(Often these get bent) These are attached to the longitudinal `chassis' members on each side of the engine bay. Look for a pair of bolts going into the chassis member on each side. They might be in the engine bay, maybe underneath the car. The skin is usually attached to the front wings and undertray with clips which have a centre core which can be screwed out, thus releasing the body of the fastener, which can be gently prised out. Should not be too difficult - but watch out for any bolts hidden behind the number (registration) plate.

Reply to
C W

If you get a hair dryer or heat gun on the plastic to soften it a bit, can you push from the inside with a piece of broomstick or similar?

Reply to
NickySantoro