Replacing the rear axle beam on a 1992 Galant

Hi

The rear axle beam on my 1992 Galant is bent so the left rear wheel is tow in about 3/4 inch.

I found a used rear axle beam and I want to replace it. The shocks bolts are relatively easy to remove but the two bolts that are joining the rear axle beam (two arms) to the car seems hard to remove. The bolts are probably seized in the metal bushing placed inside the rubber bushings that are joining the beam to the car.

I can't use torch to take out the bolts because I will have to drive the car from the mechanic shop (who will just slack the bolts) to my home and I don't want to burn the rubber bushings.

What to do ?

The axle beam I bought has a burned rubber bushing. Do I have to go to the machine shop to take out the bushing and placing a new one ?

Thanks a lot

Marc Legare

Please, replace the x in the email address with a m to send a message directly.

Reply to
Marc Legare G4