Roof - Please Help

The roof of my 98 Eclipse Spyder is coming apart. I put the roof back and it wouldn't go down. With some effort, it finally did. However, the underneath layer has come away. To reattach it on the velcro, I had to roll the roof back again slightly. The when I closed it, it came away again. It is sagging in the middle but I can't see why. Has anyone seen this? I've heard that the rooves are expensive to replace. I can't afford to right now but I can't driving it with the roof dangling in front of my eyes.

I'd really appreciate any advice I can get on this.

Thanks.

Reply to
Twinkie