shift linkage

My tranmission seems to be bad but i wanted to check the shift linkages to make sure that wasn't the problem. The book that i'm going by doesn't really give me a good description on how to do it. Does anyone know of an easier way to get this done and can any tell me what the adjuster turnbuckle is and how i adust it. Thanks.

Reply to
Limey