Space Wagon 96 Petrol 2.0 GLXi - Won't fire up...

My Space Wagon '96 Petrol 2.0 GLXi just cut-out on Friday night, and now refuses to start. I checked the plugs for a spark, that was OK, but still changed distributor cap / rotor arm / plugs - just in case, and still nothing. Fuel appears to be reaching the cylinders too. So I am getting fuel, and a spark, but no ignition.

Does anyone have an idea what I should be looking for? (And I don't mean a new car, either!)

TIA, Marc.

Reply to
Marc

If you have spark and fuel, then the ECU is OK, or at least not failed. Check for any ECU error codes.

You may have jumped several teeth on the belt. Depending on how many, you may have bent some valves. Your car likely has the 4G63 SOHC, then you can jump 4-6 teeth without bending valves. The engine sometimes runs, just badly. Sometimes not... The 4G63 DOHC is very unforgiving of belt slips, and bending all 8 inlets is common, and expensive.

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS