Spark Plug Replacement - How easy

2001 Eclipse RS 2.4L engine 103,000 miles

Daughter's car.... her garage quoted her $400.00 to replace the spark plugs.

So how easy to replace the plugs and wires ?? Are they readily accessible ??? Standard spark plug removal procedure ??

Does it really cost $400. to replace these plugs or was the garage talking about 100K service and what all does that include.... she didn't bother to pickup the service manual (Haynes) or get the shop manual from Helm inc so I'm working in the dark over here.

Timing Belt was replaced at 90K.

Any online help available ??

Thanks in advance !!!

Peter

ps... I've got a Lumina APV (chevy). To replace the rear plugs, you need to rachet the engine forward, remove alternator and air cleaner, and get ready for a knuckle busting job. (and take a lot of care not to cross thread the plugs.... pulling the heads is near to impossible. Hopefully the Eclipse

2.4 is easier to work on...
Reply to
Peter

Perhaps for the V6 (which is a PITA to work on), but the 2.4L is a I4 with the plugs directly accessible from the top of the rocker cover.

So, maybe $30 for plugs and 15 minutes to swap them out.

Ask the garage what else they were planning on doing for the $400.

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS