Squeaky noise from left front - Galant 94 V6

Squeaky noise from left front - Galant 94 V6

The noise is clear to hear every time I do a sharp left turn and the noise disappear when straightening the car again. Some times I have the feeling the noise gets more intense when breaking in the curve.

To make it more complex the noise sometimes happens even on the straight for example when slowing down for a traffic light, (so the breaks are some what involved).

One time I accelerated fast out of a curve, got the noise bad still on the straight. So I flicked the steering wheel a few times to the left and right and then it was gone.

The problem seems to not be temperature related.

Some suggestions, (power steering, bearings, ?)

Thank you

Reply to
Raul Fiedler

Sounds like a shim on one of the brakes is rubbing somewhere. Next time you hear it, put the brake on slightly and see if it goes away.

Reply to
Nobody U. Know