Starting problems bad fuel now distributor or module or coil

I got bad fuel car quit while going down road. Started pulle over due to running rough and it eventually smoothed out. Next day quit while driving down road. Hasn't started since. We put alcohol to dry ir out in gas. Octane booster premium gas Started, sounded smooth, died. Some fumes or vapor came out from air element. Car hasn't started since. Brother checked the fuel said it smelled old. Then he checked the obvious things, then the distributer says it wasn't getting fire to either side. Is this the coil or module? Stumped. The reason I knew I had bad fuel Me and another person got the same gas. His didn't start for a week, he put 2 bottles of heet in, it smokes a little but is running okay. Should distributor have a light oily film in the bottom of it?

Reply to
tfurr