STP Gas Treatment ok for turbos?

Ive got a 99 eclipse GST that I have only 1 payment left on (woohoo!). It starts hard on cold mornings, and a friend suggested I use STP gas treatment. I got a bottle of the concentrated stuff, is it safe to use for my turbo? will it hurt the engine?

Reply to
Husker

While cleaning the injectors may help, I'd suggest you also replace the fuel filter. If that doesn't remedy the situation, clean the throttle body.

Reply to
Nobody U. Know

Reply to
simpleton

Crank walk is very rare. Judging by your totally unrelated "crank walk" statement, I assume you are a 2k+ Eclipse owner. The symptoms aren't even similar.

Reply to
Nobody U. Know

"Crank walk is very rare."

tell that to the guys in the 1gina2g yahoo group.

there are 600 guys on thatlist who might wish to argue.my buddy ted, who owns a japanese import repair shop is doing two eclipsemotors a week. he might also disagree with the notion that crank thrustfailures are rare (mitsu is making him wealthy).it's really google that tells the tale though, with 1,410 hits for"crankwalk". most everything is regarding the 2G eclipse.http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=crankwalkyou must be new, no i don't drive a 3G. i've been driving awd dsm's for 11years. the present car is a '97 gsx 6 bolt stroker that's supposed to be400whp. my post stands as written. if you own a 2G you need to be aware of the issue and it's symptoms. i have seen a lot of posts from people who have spent a ton of money trying to get their "clutch" fixed only to find that they've wasted their money and that their motor is shot. my end play was .015" what's yours?

Reply to
simpleton

Yet another person that sees a broken harmonic balancer and calls it crank walk. Out of dozens of CW cases, only 1 was real..and that was on a poorly maintained engine. The rest had busted crank wheel pulleys and didn't under stand how to really measure crank play.

Reply to
Nobody U. Know

look into the light and be saved.....

's not like we made this shit up as some sort of adolescent hoax designedto sully the sterling reputation mitsu enjoys. go measure your end play and report back to the group. .010" is the limit.

Reply to
simpleton

Dear god...how many idiots quote this shit like it's common. You are wrong. CW, which is a DSM term, happens to every vehicle ever made. Most spin a bearing before they notice it. It's the same thing, although some see oil out their rear or main seal first. Give me the names of 5 people you know, personally, with CW. You can't do it.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Reply to
Nobody U. Know

i don't personally know any other dsm owners. i know a great number of people though internet groups. why don't you join the DSM 1Gina2G yahoo group. you could study the archives and be ready when your seven bolt pukes. every motor has thrust failure? that means metal to metal and loss of the bearing. that only happens when the oiling system fails. what's your oil pressure at idle? what is your end play? do you have a ticking noise at the front of your motor?

Reply to
simpleton