strange sensation felt in excelerater pedal post 60,000 service

I just had the 60,000 mi service performed by a NASCAR mechanic and now my

2000 Galant has a strange sensation in the excelerater pedal. I had him check it out yesterday & he feels it too. The visual check under the car is AOK, BUT what is causing the referred "vibration / whirring " ?I don't like the way it "feels" now..... Any suggestions ????
Reply to
egghead323

And just what does the "NASCAR" mechanic think it is. He should have an idea.

egghead323 wrote:

Reply to
Nirodac

Did he change the timing belts? If so he is a tooth off somewhere......

Reply to
Outlander

Did he by any chance replace the timing belt(s) on this 60,000 mile service?

If he got the installation wrong (usually not lining up the oil pump), the engine will vibrate and feel rough. The whirring may also be the timing or balance belt.

Ask him if he went through the correct procedure of a) set Top Dead Center b) line up the cam sprocket(s) c) line up the oil pump d) line up the balance shaft e) fit the belt.

If he took any kind of short cut, like "marking the belt/sprockets/whatever", and now there's a vibration, he got it wrong, and the job has to be done again, this time following the correct procedures. Don't get suckered into paying to have it done right the second time.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Nirodac

That is very important. You really need to crank the engine by hand, clockwise, wait a good half-hour and recheck the marks. The is twice as important on the V6.

Reply to
Nobody U. Know