Strut replacement cost...

Hi,

Thought I would post this question here as well as the Talon forum, since the cars are sisters.

My 1998 Eagle Talon TSI AWD 101,000 miles has been making some crunching noises when I hit a pothole or a bump. The noise seems to be located on the right side front and back. I believe I might need to replace my struts, how much would this cost. I have to add that the car needs many things done but me being a full time student and just having replaced the harmonic balancer, (kept throwing power steering belts), I cannot afford anything real expensive right now. Have noticed a bit of noise from rear tire when making right hand turns. I have heard that struts are expensive, so I just want to know how much to replace them with parts and labor. Thanks.

Reply to
Nozaki

Check with local muffler shops on labor, the phone book is your friend. There are no struts on your car, it's equiped with shocks. the GR-2 shocks from KYB are pretty much a clone of original equipment and are not too expensive. Before you buy a set of shocks make certain you can get them installed if you are unable to do this yourself. Most service guys mark up parts and sell them close to list price in addition to charging you labor and are reluctant to take on work where the parts are customer provided because they're making less on the job. If you think you can do the work, shocks are available on-line from a variety of retailers, often for much less than you'll find them for locally.

Simpleton