Summit lx question

Is there a transmission modulator on a Summit LX with a 4g641 Mitsubishi engine coupled to a f4a23 trans-axle that could go bad and simulate a transmission breakage?

I'm not shure if I am asking this question to the right group ? Thanks in advance if any help is given. Regards.....J-P.

Reply to
jp.bourassa

Yes, you have the right NG. So ...if you have a 4G64, you must have a 93-95 Summit Wagon, and there's some sort of transmission problem. Tell us a bit more about the problem. Your wagon has (AFAIK) a transmission ECU that puts out error codes. How about the trans fluid? Level correct? Does is smell like burned toast?

Will it even select a gear? If not, the problem may be the torque converter. If the trans is locked in 2nd, a rebuild is likely to be more than the car's worth. I see lots of otherwise solid 93-95's here with dead autotrans in the local wrecker.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS