TECH: Check Engine Error Codes 96 Eclipse GS ...Mitsu Dealer won't help..

According to the check engine light signals, using the corresponding code information found in my Chilton Car guide, I have the following problems:

Airflow sensor fault EGR fault. Knock sensor fault. Idle air control (IAC) valve position sensor fault.

The local dealer doesn't seem to know what I'm referring to when I mention the above items.

Can anyone provide some clarity as to what parts I need to replace?

I live in Denver, CO. Parts and techs are hard to come by around here. When I lived in Texas, there are so many ppl with Eclipses that techs and support are always available.

snipped-for-privacy@texas.net

Reply to
kidcisco

I would guess that the problem is either a) in the sensor assembly in the air cleaner (take it apart and clean the connectors with WD40) or b) the IAC motor attached to the throttle body. This has, iternally, a couple of nylon gears that can strip teeth. Of course, these nylon gears are not available separately, and a new IAC is about C$500, unless you can find one at a wrecker.

I would also guess that the EGR and knock sensor would be a symptom caused by other problems. Check for vacuum leaks and decayed hoses.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS