Temperature control knob

I have had problems turning the temp control knob for a while, but now it won't turn at all. I have a '03 Lancer ES, I live in the desert, so Idon't need toswitch it very often, but when I do, it's diffacult to turn! Has anyone else had this problem? and know how to fix the problem?

Reply to
Loni718

Hi ,

Theres 2 modified gears that go onto the heaterbox and you will need a new heater cable .You can get these from any Mitsi dealership.

95% of the time this cures the problem , if it doesent you will have to remove the heaterbox and lube inside where the rod rotates the flap.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Dawson