This always brings a smile to Mitsubishi Lovers..

I JUST WANTED BHAGAT GURTU TO PRINT THIS. I have many more articles just like this dated all the way to present day!! ;-)

The naturally aspirated 2.0(4G63) and 1.8(4G37) liter engines were built by Mitsubishi. At the time of its production, the Laser, Eclipse, and Talon were some of the fastest four cylinders on the planet. Aftermarket parts for the trio began to make their appearance, which heavily increased the performance of the cars

Reply to
Brian Sigourney

Thanks for that Brian, it was good for a giggle.

Crikey those American 'performance cars' sure are slow.

Here in Australian even a stock Holden 1988 HSV SS Group A VL Commodore would pull 14.8 0-400 metres times. Holden VS (1997) GTS Commodores pulled 14.06

0-400's. A Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo will do 14.3 out of the showroom. The current HSV ClubSport R8 will do 0-400 in the 13's. All of these cars are RWD.

I very much like turbo charged cars, indeed my own car is turbo charged but thankfully it is not a Mitsubishi, for this I am grateful.

Cheers

Reply to
Bhagat Gurtu

Yeah, well here I am 11 years down the road and I've very glad my 1995 Eagle Talon is not turbo charged. It has held up dramatically well for a car of its age with only minimal and inexpensive repairs. However, it appears the turbo models suffer from all the very expensive problems (such as crankwalk, metal warping on the turbo, etc..)

Reply to
adric22

Thankfully we never had to put up with that particular range of Mitsubishi excrement on our roads. Mitsubishi Japan knew better than to try to market that kind of crap here.

This simply shouldn't happen. That it does, clearly demonstrates serious flaws in design/manufacturing or a very cynical marketing department.

Reply to
Bhagat Gurtu