tick-over speed too fast on proton compact (mistubishi engine)

I'm having a little problem with my P reg Proton Compact glsi. This car is very similar to the later mitsubishi colts. It has a 1500 injection engine. When the engine is cold, it seems to tick over at about the right speed, about 1500 rpm, but instead of the rev's dying down as the engine warms up, they increase to about 2000 rpm. Car seems to run fine otherwise, maybe using a little more petrol than it should, but as i have only just bought this car it's hard to tell. I assume that there is a problem with one of the sensors going to the ecu, but I can't figure out which one. Can anyone help?

Dan

Reply to
Dan Baker

I sounds like an idle-speed controller (ISC) problem. You may want to get some new plugs and carbon clean before replacing it. It could be gummed up a bit. Just follow the instructions on the combustion chamber cleaner.

Reply to
Nobody U. Know