transmission

99 galant stall on road after 5 mins of driving engine was still running will shift in all gears but will not do anything at all will start up but will not drive or reverse help me please
Reply to
rock2303

Well, if you'd tell us whether its a manual or automatic it would be easier to diagnose.

Manual: If you can select fwd or reverse gear, then your clutch is releasing. If you let the clutch out and the car moved a little bit, you clutch is slipping. If the car wonlt move at all, you've either a) ripped the center out of the clutch plate; or b) broken an inner CV shaft in the diff. Both a) and b) happen if you have a habit of doing burnouts and jackrabbit starts.

Automatic: If you can actually select fwd or reverse gear, you should hear some kind of thump when the selection happens. If not, c) have the trans fluid level checked, or d) the trans has failed, expect $$$$ to fix, or e) see b) above. Can happen with normal driving, but very rarely.

Stewart DIBBS

Stewart DIBBS

Have you checked your level of transmission fluid lately ?? I have come across a car with low oil and wouldnt budge

Peter

Reply to
Raven

check the fluid level.. if it's ok, you might try and remove the connector for the overdrive. I forgot the terminology, but you remove the connector and you should be able to drive again, except you won't get the 4th gear (overdrive)

Reply to
Eric F