transponder ignition question

I just got a 2003 Montero Sport. It only cam with one key. It has some minor issues, but one thing I don't like is the transponder key system.

I can get into my sport with a regular key a locksmith made for me, but it won't start the ignition.

Does anyone know how to disable the transponder thing so my regular key works. I dont want to spend the money for new chip keys.

Reply to
noone

Cant be done. Better to have the car stolen than buy a key ?

Reply to
jonny

Reply to
Nirodac