Unidentifed engine sensor on 91 Eclipse turbo.

I've acquired a 4G63T from a 91 Eclipse (not Talon), for my 93 Eagle Summit "GTX" project car. On the bracket that runs from the block to the underside of the intake manifold there's a rectangular sensor (?) (two wires) of some sort. My 91 Talon workshop manual does not list this sensor, or if it does I can't identify it yet. . Its not the detonation sensor, as this is attatched to the block.

The donor car was a US market model (MPH speedo), probably ex California as there's an EGR valve.

Can anyone identify what this device might be for? The Eclipse is slightly different to the Talon eg the Talon has a simple oil cooler under the filter, while my Eclipse engine has an external rectangular oil cooler.

Stewart DIBBS,

Canada

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

stewart, you have me stumped as well... try emailing josh at conicelli : snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

i went through both volumes of the factory manual and didn't find what you were describing.

Reply to
simpleton