Vinegar-ish smell on turning on the fan - goes away if A/C turned on.

Recently I've noticed that when I turn on the fan only, a vinegary smell emnates from the blowers. If I turn on the a/c, the smell doesn't seem to be there.

Any ideas what could be the cause?

It's a 2000 Mitsubishi Galant v6, if it matters.

-- Himanshu

Reply to
Himanshu

It could be you have a water leak some where, i have had a leak in my heater unit and the water went off, got really bad with the smell, so a new heater hose was installed and a scent from a local spare part shop solved the problem.

Hope this helps

Reply to
Peter