Visor Brakets - 1990 Eclipse

Anyone know a source for replacement brackets that hold the sun visors? I'd like to find metal and not plastic. Both broke about the same time. Thanks.

Fred snipped-for-privacy@bigfoot.com

Reply to
Fred

How much is the original plastic part? Your car is 14 years old: not bad for plastic piece that gets flexed and pulled every day. Put new ones in and they last the rest of the cars life. Or go to a wrecker and find replacements for for a couple of bucks.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

Thanks, but I'll stick with metal. New replacements aren't available unless you buy the whole visor assembly, and they only sell them now with the mirror/light - $100+ for each visor which I don't need. Those from junk yards are would be the same age as mine and wouldn't hold up long.

the

Both

years old: not bad for

new ones in and

and find

Reply to
Fred

Anyone know of a source for after-market generic plain-Jane visors? Those without a light, etc. Thanks.

Fred

the

Reply to
Fred

Fred, do you mean the plastic clip that end of the visor hooks into, or the swivel part?

If the former, I could fabricate a pair of these out of aluminium block for about $40 the pair. If you are interested email me.

Stewart DIBBS

Stewart DIBBS

The click is OK. The bracket that supports the visors with the swivel is broken.

aren't

into, or the swivel

aluminium block for

Reply to