weak 3rd cylinder on 99 Eclipse GS

I feel for Hepster. I have had a lot of problems with the car idling funny. I took mine to the shop a lot and nothing could be found. It's like it was in my head or something. The car would run ok for about 10 minutes and then the idling would drop very low when at a complete standstill. Everytime, sooner or later, the damn engine light would come on and I would be charged for new wires and plugs. Now, the cylinder has been weakened by the constant misfiring, or so I am told. The dealership that has it now is telling me that the rings are covered by my extended warranty but if it's the valve that's burnt it's not covered and that I am looking at 1500.00 to 1800.00 for the job.

There is no point to ever, ever call Mitsubishi HQ for anything. I explained everything I have been through and they say they have nothing to do with it. I have to battle it out with Darcars in Silver Spring, MD (the worst dealership).

Has anybody else here had a similar situation? What else could the problem be??

Karen in MD

Reply to
INXSBABE