Whats the difference?

whats the diff between the 4G63 engeine (can you name the cars that have it) and the 4G94 (name the cars that have it)because I want to take a lancer OZ rally and make it into a evo 8. I want to know wich moter I could sqeeze more ponys out of easer. And can you tell me where I can get it if you can used. If you can tell me I would be forever thankfull. P.S.Please get realy technical wit it.

Reply to
treil_c

OK, the ONLY engine to use is the '02 (or 03?) and later JDM EVO-type 4G63. You CANNOT use the 1G/2G Talon / Eclipse because the intake and exhaust manifolds are on the opposite sides of the head. This is because the up until 2002 Mistubishi used the F5M3x or W5M3x series transmissions which are on the RHS of the car. After 2002, the F5M4x / W5M4x series of transmissions are used, which are the LHS of the car.

The 4x series don't have the intermediate output shaft found in the 3x series. And for the record, all engines rotate the same direction.

The EVO 8 is of course AWD. Do you have the money (we are talking 1000's here) to get the necessary components? I would guess probably not.

Its theoretically possible to fit a 1G 4G63 + W5M33 into an '03 Oz Rally, but the level of modification would be E-X-T-R-E-M-E. Even with my experience in transplants and rally cars I would not attempt this.

You might consider rebuilding your 4G94 with an aftermarket turbo kit. You'd get about the same hp as the 1G 4G63. Another possibility is fitting a turbo'd 2.4L 4G64-16v from the 04/05. You can't use the 4G64 from earlier years as these still use the 3x series transmissions.

Still want more info, to excruciating detail on engine and transmission swaps?. See my Website.

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Simpleton