Would a new muffler do any bad to a regular car???

2004 Galant 2.4L 4cyl. Last week I posted a similar question with discouraging answers. I Know a new muffler is not gonna get me a 10 sec. car, all I want to do is buy a cheap nice chrome muffler to improve the looks of my rusty stock muffler, and at the same time, a little more "rumble" when revving it up, that's all. Chrome tips cost about $15 so I figure with another 20 dollars, I can get a universal muffler with overall better looks and better sound. would that affect my car in any negative way??? Thanks
Reply to
rcjesse

Thanks a lot!

Reply to
rcjesse

No ill effects unless you substantially increase the diameter of the pipe. If you put on one of the 3" systems the turbo cars run, you will lose bottom end. Muffler and tip will not be noticed except for the difference in tone.

Reply to
simpleton