WW & Speedometer on 90 Montero

I have a problem on my 4dr Montero V-6 with the windshield wiper on the passenger side going down too far and then the windshield wiper linkage locks there, needing a manual lift to get it past the over-center point it crossed.

When the wipers are going and the windows are dryer, the blade on the passenger works fine, mainly on low speed. When the windows are wet (slipperier) or the wipers are set to fast, the pasenger side wiper goes to far and goes 'overcenter' on the linkage. Does this happen to others? Does this mean that perhaps the wiper linkage is worn? I made sure the spindle on the passenger side was in the notch on the cowling. Any suggested fixes? Does anyone know which yrs and models use the same linkage?

Another question: is it hard to lubricate the speedometer cable on this vehicle? The speedometer (cable ?) makes a lot of noise and is jerky when the temps go low, (32F or lower). The dashboard seems like it might be hard to remove. It has the speedometer on the left in a square make-believe cluster and the tach on the right in another square type enclosure with fake allen screw heads showing. The warning lights are in the lower center between the two with the gaugs just above them. I have a Haynes manual that covers Monteros 83-93. What is the proper lube and any hints would be welcome. Thanks

Reply to
Buffalo