1.1i L reg gearbox fit the 1.1 ohv

i think the title/subject ask`s it all do anyone know the answer? will the 1.1i L reg gearbox fit the 1.1 ohv engine?? and drive shafts??

Reply to
i didnt say that

It rained on Tuesday.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

forgot to mention its a fiesta 1988 E-reg mk2

Reply to
i didnt say that

I don't know, but I don't see why not. can you not just compare the two bellhousings and work out yeah or nay?

Reply to
Questions

Blocks. It's the same thing, did Ford bother to design a new gearbox, I'd be surprised if they did.

Reply to
Questions

that would be one solution, have to take the box out first though, the other thing is that the 1.1i is a 5speed and the original is a 4speed so i dont know if the gear leaver and parts will need changing as well

Reply to
i didnt say that

What happened to the gearbox, did you lose 3rd gear?

The boxes are interchangeable. Swap over all the linkages and you'll be fine with going from 4 to 5 speed. I had a box swapped in my old fiesta and 4th gear was too tall for the engine to cope so the car was actually quicker top speed wise in 3rd.

Cheaper to buy a better car IMHO. Those fiestas are rubbish, rusty and unreliable. Even a Mk3 / Mk4 Escort is amazing compared. That said, the Mk4 Fiesta in 1.25 guise was a great car and a significant leap forwards when you think how much Ford claim to have spent developing the Mk3

Reply to
fishman

hi fisherman, the box go into all grears fine and do not jump out of any of them. its just that there is like a loud grinding noise from it in our out of gear,, if you put your foot on the clutch then it will quiten a bit, also third and forth gear is not as bad on the loudness, im starting to wonder if it is the release bearing as well as the gearbox. as for the rust on these... this one is a mk2 1988 model, 84 original on the clock, no rust, never been resprayed or filled. but i think it wa owned by a (pratt in a hat() racer at some point) (opps!!! this will get some swearing)

Reply to
i didnt say that

Does sound like release-bearing to me.

Doh ! Sell it, quick, before it falls to bits :)

Don't see why - we dislike them just as much as you !

Reply to
Nom

Don't worry, we hate them almost as much as you. Except we wouldn't have been so polite about it.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar