1/4 mile times

following my slightly to good to be true time an MR2 could do the 1/4 stretch in i found this while looking for evidence and seems about right

14 secs for my standard MR2 turbo and 13 for later ones hmm a few other interesting motors on there!
Reply to
Vamp

16.23 from the G40 not too bad for a FWD 1.3
Reply to
Depresion

Bah, dont have my Skyline GTSt on there :(

Reply to
Steve

Or my GT4

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

But it's on

Nom

I dont understand how the A3 1.8T can weigh more than the A4 1.8T and even more than the S3, the S3 has extras like intercooler and the A4 has torsen which weighs loads more than haldex.

Ronny

Ahhh, there she blows. Power Weight BHP(Ton) 0-60 0-100 60-100 1/4Mile

205 1520 137.03 7.14 21.31 14.17 15.94

T/Speed Drag 1/4Mile Drag Terminal Speed (MPH

86.47 15.54 88.97

Thats quite disappointing really, especially the 60-100 times.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

It doesn't.

Oooh, you've found a mistake on the internet ! Keep it to yourself - nobody will beleive you if you tell them...

:D

Reply to
Nom

Read the blurb on the front page

They aren't real figures - they're just calculated from a formula (!).

Stick to

:)

Reply to
Nom

Found it, disappointed.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Actually, isn't the one on there the 175bhp one ?

Aren't there 205bhp and 220bhp ones too ?

Which one is yours ?

Reply to
Nom

> :)

But mine isn't there, just the Celica GT and the Celica 190 VVTi.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

The ST185 on the one I posted was 205BHP, about right.

Mine is the 205BHP ST185, that archive.org cached link only had the Celica GT (FWD) gen 5 and 6 and the Celica 190 VVTi (FWD) (gen 7 last/current Celica)

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Can't you belive stuff you read on the net :(

Reply to
Ronny

yours is the same engine as my MR2 why 205bhp? my rev2 MR2 should be 220bhp so should yours i would have thought? later spec cars were 245bhp and shared the same engine as the ST205 GT4

Reply to
Vamp

You want an agreed value insurance policy on that. Glass's and CAP only value them at 900 quid or so, even for the latest ones.

Reply to
Doki

Yep, but only 5PSI in first and second, and 6-7PSI in 3rd and above. Plan is, once the boost gauge is plumbed in, is the get an MBC, disconnect T-Vis to avoid spiking and up the boost to arround 8-9PSI in all gears. HG should be fine still, at way less than 1 bar.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Sssshhhh! Just perpetuate the myth!

Reply to