16" in a new Fiesta

Someone suggested me a few months ago that I should get some 16" for my Fiesta ('03), and now I'm going to go for it :-)

I'm going to install Eibach -35mm (1.44"?) springs first, and the rim ET is a bit unknown atm. Today I saw Ford's original 16" alloys for this car, and the ET was _52_!! Also the tyre size was not the 195/45 the Fiesta catalog says, it was 205/45.

Now, I'll have to use 205/45 because they are much cheaper, but what kind of ET should I get? And I want absolutely _no_ problems with the wheels touching the chassis. I've been thing about

or

and if I remember correct, they were available only with ET something like 40-45. So, any knowledge?

And please, don't suggest me 17" :-D

Hermann Antichrist

- i_do_have_a snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

-

Christian Rethmann

I bet 17's will go straight on :) You know you want to...

Reply to
Dan405

Trouble is 15s are cheap and common and go on everything pretty much with no problems, 17s are madder and more expensive but need work to go on some small cars and rub etc etc, 16s should be a compromise but they arent cos not many people get them, i really wanted 16s for my car, but hardly any manufacturers do them in the right width, and if they do they are only slightly cheaper than 17s, and tyres are a nightmare - either look huge and stupid or cost lots.......

Reply to
Ben Organ

Well, if no info is available (2 days should be enough? :-)) I'm just going to go with my original plan.

The rim will be 7x16" ET 42 (or was it 43?) and it's going to be this one:

Just hope it doesn't look terribly stupid as a 4 bolt model, couldn't find any pictures.

Tyre size is going to be 205/45/16, because the 195's seem to be much more expensive. Currently best offer has been for Hankook Ventus and I'll propably go with that because I've had those before and they have been just fine. The tyre in the mentioned size in a 7" rim looks like this:

It's the left on the fotos. The right one is the wheel I currently use, Michelin Energy 185/55/15 in a 7" rim. The ofset is 40mm ATM, so it seems to me there will be no problems.

And some of-topic information, the Ford-original 16" alloy shown on the photos has ET of 52.5mm!

Hermann Antichrist

- i_do_have_a snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

-

Christian Rethmann

If the Ford fitment is DEFINATELY a 205/45 tyre, on an ET52 rim, then that's what you need. You can vary the offset a *small* amount without any issues - ET45 or higher, should be fine for example.

Phone your alloy wheel supplier, and say "I want some 16" wheels, with tyres, to fit an '03 Fiesta". They will tell you what will fit, and what they sell, and how much they are. If they don't fit, then it's their fault, not yours.

Reply to
Nom

Eibach 35/30 + Dezent T 7*16 ET 43 + Goodyear F1-D2 195/45

Wheels seem to fit perfectly. Though the weather was it looks like so no x3m testdrive could be done :-)

ATM with standard shocks. Koni will get their Sprints done in 2-3 months but I was thinking of waiting a couple of months more to get a complete Koni suspensionkit.

Btw, these springs did _exactly_ what they promiset, 35/30mm :-)

Hermann Antichrist

- i_do_have_a snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

-

Christian Rethmann

Looks good that - smooth and it all fits well :)

Reply to
Dan405