1951 Simca sport 8

Hi Guys

My name is Rick (aka BigOak) and I am the lucky owner of a Simca. This car needs a full rebuild and I was wondering if anyone here has heard of replacing the running gear with Toyota parts?

Also is there a group for posting pictures of the on going project

BigOak

Reply to
BigOak

Welcome to the group mate....

if your traet your replies like normal e-mails you can simply attach pics :o)

Mason

Reply to
Mason

Nope, not here mate, non binary group. Best is to get some webspace, upload the pics, and post links to them.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Is that the small engined Simca with the engine hanging out back?

Don't know of any binary groups, becaus the server I use doesn't carry them, but get some web space, upload them to there, and post links is the most common way.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

:o) was unaware of that. webspace is easy enough to come accross. use fotopic or similar.

Reply to
Mason

Except this isn't a binary newsgroup, so you shouldn't really post binaries! In my experience, quite a few news servers let them through anyway but some people are likely to just get a load of gibberish rather than photos.

Chris.

Reply to
Chris B

No, don't do that !

Neither HTML nor Binaries are welcome here !

Reply to
Nom

Correct strategy for this is to post things like pictures to a group that describes itself as a binaries group, e.g. if there was a uk.rec.cars.modifications.binaries, that would be ok.

Easier and probably better all round, get a free account, e.g. somewhere like

and post messages with URLs to the pictures you want people to see, for example
There are a number of sites that offer free web hosting where you are supposed to carry an advert for them or similar, and most ISPs offer some webspace as well, which is usually included in your standard package.

Reply to
Questions