1995 Seat Ibiza wheel size

I have bought a 1995 Seat Ibiza 1.4 and am looking into the possibility of buying some alloy wheels to fit to it. The tyres on the car now are 14" (the tyre size is 155/80/13) but according to most of the alloy wheel sites online the car is shown as having 15" wheels

Does anyone have one of the '95 cars and if so do they know what wheels are on it, if they are 14" would the 15" wheels fit without any problems being caused

Any help and advice appreciated

Dave

Reply to
davegore via CarKB.com

If the tyre size you've quoted is correct, the tyres are 13"

Reply to
Tony Bond

Seconded. It'll almost certainly take 16s with no rubbing at all, possibly

17s as well.
Reply to
Iridium

But for goodness sake fit bigger brakes behind, else it'll look cack.

Reply to
DervMan

1995 1.4 Seat Ibiza. You really think it's worth spending huge money on a massive brakes conversion for the sake of the few people who will actally notice it...?
Reply to
Iridium

Well... you did suggest a way of getting it noticed, eh?

Reply to
DervMan

Only geeky men who use Usenet will notice the size of the brakes :)

Reply to
Iridium

I'd say you were half right 'cos the neds, pikeys and scroats will spot the brakes and half of the McDonalds residents will spot da phat wheez wiv der smallcox size breakz.*

*nod towards a recent thread elsewhere. :)
Reply to
DervMan