1st pull in Locost

Was pulled a week or so ago, local plod in a panda. Said I'd gone through a red light (not impossible, I suppose, but it'd be the first in almost 20 years of driving) oh, and doing 70 in a 30...

Anyway, they let me off with both and gave me a producer for insurance and MOT :) Turns out one of 'ems always wanted to build a car and was more interested in that than actually screwing me over, cool :)

One sticky part was when he asked me why I didn't have a front number plate, so I told him vehicles under 650Kgs don't need one. He said "well I can tell you've researched it" hehehe, don't think I'd have got away with it if it'd been trafpol tho' ;)

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

is that true they don't need one? lol

lucky bastard! wish i got away with mine :(

Reply to
Vamp

nope ;)

Over the years Vamp, I've had some motoring "meetings" with the police, and it seems to me that the younger you are the more they feel the need to impose their authority.

Not much help in your current predicament, but it gets better ;(

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

I'd agree with that, having been at the other side. There's a sweet spot, probably in the forty to sixty age.

Reply to
DervMan

I used to get pulled at least twice a week when I drove a 13:1 compression TrailBlazer special, with a straight through pipe, entirely legal back then, wearing a sheepskin rug over my leathers (the Hagar the Horrible look). I used to save up the producers and take them in at the expiry date of the first one. Record was 5 producers in the 14 days. I then complained to the Chief Constable, and had a year of bliss when I then sold the bike. Now I am

40+ and riding a safe 305 Kawi and a diesel car I am invisible.
Reply to
Stuart Gray

That's what I like about owning an Audi, you never ever get pulled, when I owned sporty cars I was forever getting producers, now it's been 5 years since I had one.

I was out new years eve once and I was driving along the motorway for the normal sat night donner run and it was snowing, I seen some lights behind me and it was about 3am so I slowed a little and the car behind followed me off the motorway, I got to the slip road and noticed another cop car waiting at the end of the motorway, and I though ello this is weird. so I had 2 police cars behind me, I then done the normal thing you would do in a 60mph limit, I floored it, and they kept up, one then over took and they box's me in lol, pulled me over and gave me a lecture on why they pulled me, asked me where I was going etc, I asked the reason for being pulled over, and they said " well this time of night you would have appreciated it if your car was pinched and we pulled it over" I just chuckled with them and they let me on my way.

Since then, not a sausage, police don't even look at Audi's :)

Reply to
Ronny

Motorbikes and trikes (all are built after 2003 are now classed as 3 wheeled bikes rather than those under IIRC 450kg) where the design of the vehicle prohibits the fitting of a front plate don't need one but 4 wheelers do.

Reply to
Depresion

Producers for doing what ? I've never been stopped by the Police in my life, except the two times I got caught flouting the traffic regulations, so they could each issue me my 3 points (once for speeding, once for overtaking on double-white-lines).

Reply to
Nom