2.2 Ecotec in a Corsa C ?

But on the other hand, we have people like Carl who take fwd hatches like the the 205, or your golf, the Corsa, or even the Ka, fit decent suspension, tyres, brakes and some mild tuning works (upto the permitted limit) and take them road and stage rally driving. Tuned FWD seems to work for them.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

That is you, me, an J Clarkson in total aggreement then.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

No idea !

But people have bought them, so there must be method in their madness :)

Reply to
Nom

But you can have even higher power *and* cupholders !

There's no need to sacrifice any modern toys or gadgets or safety - providing the power output is raised sufficiently to cover their effect on performance, then all is well.

My new car has an electrochromic rear-view mirror. When someone is following you at night, the glass itself automatically dims to prevent their headlights dazzling you. Yes, it adds to the car's weight, and yes, you can turn it off. But it's the coolest thing ever !

The wing mirrors fold in electrically on command. So if you park on a narrow street, you hit the switch, and they whirr in to stop them getting smashed off by a clutz. Again, it adds to the car's weight, and yes, you don't have to use it. But again, it's the coolest thing ever !

The 10-way fully-electric 2-position-memory (which includes the leccy mirrors) heated front seats automatically drive forward on their rails, when you flip the seat forward, to aid access to the back seats. They drive back again when you flip the seat back. Again, it adds to the car's weight, but again, it's the coolest thing ever !

Gadgets and toys are the way forward :)

Reply to
Nom

Yep, they show 4 cylinder bike engines in. I've seen it done with a Smart city coupe, which is just plain silly stability wise, but also in roadster and coupes which make much more sense in a gocart rocketsled kind of way.

Have a look at

Z cars

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

That was something I was looking forward to when I was looking at JDM Prelude VTECs, and miss on my UK spec Celica (again Jap models got it as standard).

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

In news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net, Sleeker GT Phwoar decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Still FWD though, and to be frowned upon.

Reply to
Pete M

No its not, if you struggle with it, thats not our fault :)

Reply to
DanTXD

In news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, DanTXD decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

I don't struggle with it. I'm just not a fan of it.

*Real* cars are RWD.
Reply to
Pete M
[...]

I'll take the 100bhp power hike, and leave the 100kg of ergonomic cup-holders; more performance...

The extra performance it's sapping would mean no-one was following that close. ;)

F. cool - but heavy

F. cool - but heavy

F. cool - but heavy

I drive a BMW 740 not an Aerial Atom :)

Alistair J Murray

Let me guess - and don't have PAS, a/c, ABS, traction... :)

Reply to
DervMan

Oh, that's ok then :)

Reply to
Nom

i like my comforts such as PAS and climate control but i love the feel of RWD which is a good job as i drive an MR2 which has them kinda things :)

Reply to
Vamp

was hoping my MR2 would have the eleccy folding mirrors too but it was an option that the cheapskate jap didn't get on mine, he did add climate control over normal air con though which is nice :)

my mum's jazz has more gadgets than i've ever seen in a small car! air con, eleccy folding mirrors, indicators in the wing mirrors, adjustable headlights and a nice CD player all as standard.

Reply to
Vamp

In news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, DervMan decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

PAS, ABS and A/C are all acceptible.

Traction control, on the other hand, is for girls and people with no throttle control

Reply to
Pete M

If it also acts to emulate a lim slip diff then it's a go-faster addon.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I have all that, and automatic lights, and rain sensitive wipers, heated mirrors etc :D

Reply to
DanTXD

Interesting - I've got the same system in my Pug, and you can barely feel it cut the power at all. It seems to only drop off until the wheel stops slipping, rather than drop off completely ?

Having said that though, Pug's implementation of said system could be very different to Merc's...

Reply to
Nom

Adjustable headlights are a legal requirement from year X onwards ! I think it came in in 1996, along with high-level-brakelights ?

Reply to
Nom

It could be - especially given that the Peugeot is driven at the front?

Reply to
DervMan