2.5 Zetec power

Hi,

I was just wondering if anybody has got some experience with turbocharging or supercharging Fords 2.5 ltr Zetec V6 (costs, work involved, power figures, etc)

regards, Trond

Reply to
Trond Solberg

Speak to noble - thats what they use.

Reply to
Mark Craft

nah they use duratec

turbocharging

lots of money tbh

Reply to
Theo

not a lot of people you need to find the usa ford groups they seem to have loads of people putting turbo's and superchargers and stuff on them

Reply to
dojj

The OP has it confused the 2.5 V6 has always been called "duratec"

Nobles engine is a pretty nice bit of kit, but not cheap I expect.

Easiest way forward is definately to see the Wizards of Nos, loads of mondie V6's kicking about with nitrous on em, engine loves it, 100shot should do the trick.

Reply to
Andrew Jewitt

Wasn't there a completely different (ie better) engine in the Probe made by Mazda (as the Probe as a Mazda in drag). I'm not sure if they called it a Zetec or not but the OP doesn't specify what car it's from.

thats engines crap.

Reply to
Theo

Maybe so, I don't know much about it. But I thought I'd read somewhere it had an all steel bottom end that could take big big revs and hence had more tuning potential than the duratec. Could be b******s though I s'pose.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Laidlaw