27.6mpg....

Sorry if that caused any offence Pete, I wasn't being deliberately mean :-) I'm enjoying our 'hug' over webcam and MSN. I'm gonna lose this skinny-fit vest though...

Reply to
DanB

I think it's easy to mix up who wrote what...

In Scotland, there are 70 signs on motorways and dual carriageways.

Reply to
DervMan

First the ementalist want all, and I mean all CO2 production stopped, then there will be nothing left to worry about the others.

Reply to
Elder

Aye probably, it's not like I got really angry and abusive though :-)

I stand corrected.

Reply to
DanB

Heh! I'd like to write that it's easily done, because I find it easy to make the mistake, but I don't think you do make that mistake! ;-)

Ahha but only in Scotland in the United Kingdom.

Reply to
DervMan

Actually, as AstraPeteMan reminded me, I obviously can't really stand corrected. So apologies, I sit corrected, with thanks to Pete for pointing out my error there, I didn't half feel silly when I realised what I'd said.

Reply to
DanB

DanB wibbled...

'Cause I was replying to both points you and Steve had made.

*ding* Pretty much sums me up.

There's plenty of police officers who have said that the appropriate speed limit doesn't really have anything to do with the legal speed limit, as the sensible limit varies so much depending on time of day, weather, traffic, what you;re driving, etc, etc.

But they've got to have some numbers they can put on signs.

Reply to
frag

IIRC NOx emissions have been drastically reduced since catalysts came in. As far as I know the ozone layer hole was mainly to do with CFCs. We'll just gloss over the particulates, shall we?

But yeah, there are no pollutants these days according to the govt publicity. None still hanging around from the good old days of the 1970s when you could chuck whatever you liked in a river. And nobody ever puts their old engine oil or antifreeze down a drain.

Reply to
Doki

I left the Jensen idling for about an hour yesterday. Do I win a prize?

Reply to
Pete M

No, but it'll have cost about a fiver...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Hasn't flue gas desulphurisation on coal power stations also done quite a lot to help with acid rain? AIUI British Gypsum now get the majority of their supplies from it - plasterboard from chimneys.

Reply to
Clive George

A Dervy hug?

Reply to
DervMan

You've won a hole in your wallet.

My 106 has averaged 40mpg over its first tank.

Depressing really. I was hoping it wouldn't be as good as that so I could rant about how crap it was compared to the sportscarness of the MX-5.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Out of interest, what does putting antifreeze down the drain do?

Don't fish like it? I know they don't like old engine oil.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Stops it from freezing... :-)

No, they don't like it - no animal likes drinking it, but fishios, well they'd be breathing it (for a small amount of time).

Reply to
DervMan

If you count a fuel bill for about 4 quid a prize, then yes :-)

Reply to
AstraVanMann

They might initially like the smell/taste of it, but don't they die soon afterwards?s

Reply to
AstraVanMann

No because...

Dr John Theon: "As Chief of several of NASA Headquarters' programs (1982-94), an SES position, I was responsible for all weather and climate research in the entire agency, including the research work by James Hansen, Roy Spencer, Joanne Simpson, and several hundred other scientists at NASA field centers, in academia, and in the private sector who worked on climate research," ... "I appreciate the opportunity to add my name to those who disagree that global warming is man made."

Reply to
DanB

It doesn't have to be thirsty to have that rant.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

But by not being thirsty it has the comeback of, "I'm cheap to run meh" though.

Reply to
DervMan