28.1mpg.....

I wonder if someone could custom-design me a 7-speed gearbox for long autobahn runs :-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Was that a joke ?

If I got lumbered with "2 Alfas, a Golf Cabrio and 2 bikes", then I'd be jealous of just about everything on the road :/

Reply to
Nom

It's a poorman's fight from where I'm sitting - Dervy's making Steve look very foolish :)

Reply to
Nom

Don't forget he once was a passenger in a 200sx which means he knows what a GTR is like to drive.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

"Won't let people" ?

I'm making those assumptions right now, thanks !

Reply to
Nom

It's your headlights reflecting from it, for the nano-second that you're at the right angle as you pass - I've seen the same, and I also thought I'd been flashed the first time !

Reply to
Nom

Not half as foolish as the man who bought a frog-green Ka.

Reply to
SteveH

Says the gentleman with no convincing arguments to come back with...

Reply to
DervMan

Frog green Ka is about as convincing as I need, really.

Besides which, you've already proven you know f*ck all about driving in your slagging off of the 156 for understeer...... and how 'that doesn't happen in the Ka'.

I'd suggest you need to get a real car and re-learn your driving 'skills'.

Reply to
SteveH

Gentlemen. The reason the 156 V6 feels more understeery than the Ka is that if you plant the throttle in the 156 it'll spin the front wheels, the Ka can't do that.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

In other words, it's the s**te driving skills of the driver that makes it feel that way?

Tell me something I didn't already know.

Reply to
SteveH

Well, to be fair, when you're using to 19bhp, and you go to 190bhp, its gonna be different innit :)

Reply to
Dan405

Yes, you're right, the sooner I manage to ditch this lame Alfa onto somebody else at the office, the better.

I don't know what I was hoping for, but something that didn't understeer under moderate acceleration was on the agenda, oh and something that didn't rattle like dried peas in the pod.

Reply to
DervMan

Do you know that you're frothing at the mouth?

Reply to
DervMan

405 1.6 has that much power?
Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Frothing.

Sat here with a beer laughing at your attempts to justify the Ka.

Reply to
SteveH

...? I think you slightly misunderstood me :) I was suggesting Dervy was obviously gonna find the Alfa different to drive as it had masses more power than his Ka, the 405 doesn't have quite 190bhp, although, it does have a K&N, so maybe ;)

Reply to
Dan405

Ahhh - so what you're trying to say is tha the Alfa with a powerflow exhaust and an ecotek valve would be getting 1.77 mpg more on average if driven a

85% of the journey time?
Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I'm not justifying the lad. If I cared what other people thought of what I drive, do you think I'd be driving it?

I work in an industry full of people who drive (lease for the most part) something new, bland and German. Or an Alfa, Saab or Volvo. I care not for what people think of my private car. I certainly don't think I need to justify it to somebody who first off tells me that their mark two Fiesta was awful, then later says that all of their cars bad the Escort were great fun.

Reply to
DervMan

Now there's a thought.... nice idea!

Reply to