30 Today

Just sneaking in on t'internet to tell y'all I'm thirty today!

Back next week I suspect, I'll take up any arguments then... :)

Reply to
DervMan

You're a year behind me so I miss out on calling you an old bastard. Time to get rid of the Ka and get a mid-life crises mobile.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Yeah, something like a diesel Mondeo - happy birthday Derv!

Reply to
AstraVanMan

How about a 205 TD? You know you need those diesel fumes back in your life! :) PS Happy Birthday!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Now buy something with an unfeasably large engine, and bags of low down torque (Dodge Charger/Challenger maybe), would put a big grin on your Mush, and Charlie will love it.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Just talked my wife into letting me get another Valiant Charger (the aussie version of the Yank one). Had one when I was 19 and blew the gearbox doing doughnuts on a mates front lawn. Gee I miss it. The plan is to stick a Lexus V8 with a couple of hairdryers or a Supra motor in it. Just to piss off the Neanderthals.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

With the Lexus V8, that would be quite a natural progression. As long as you were to fit a decent centrafugal supercharger with a clutch mechanism, so you can run it when you want.

And yes it would annoy the "Purists".

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

happy birthday you old git :) i'm 23 in march

Reply to
Vamp

Happy Birthday, now you can get shut of that KA and get something with a decent sized engine. The insurance should be a lot cheaper for you.

Reply to
RT4T

I'm sure it would be, but, like, no.

Reply to
DervMan

The Ka is rapidly becoming the mid life crisis mobile! :)

Reply to
DervMan

Hehehe! Ya it's been considered. But only if it had six forward ratios and TDCi on the back.

Reply to
DervMan

Hehehe! Rather the 205 than the 206.

Reply to
DervMan

I'm sure she would, but with a 70 mile-a-day commute, nah not yet.

Gran Turismo 4 will suffice, when it's released of course.

Reply to
DervMan

I prefer turbos. More power for less loss. And with the V8 low down torque shouldn't be a problem anyway.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Paint it red!

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

OK, if you can sort out some wedge, and want some grunt, go looking for a Skoda Fabia vRS, and a HP-Sporting motorsport coilover kit (will sort out the tendency to wander arround like a soggy pudding).

Good MPG once run in, buckets loads of torque, TDi PD engine, 6 speed (I think). Small enough to be manageable, torquey enough to be fun, cheap enough (comparitavely) and well enough catered for to play with, and different enough to get noticed.

The briskoda.net board has a "Foddered" section, where people list all the cars that they have had fun with, especially those with Fabia vRS TDI and Octavia vRS petrol owners.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Interesting turn of phrase, I note you said 'decent' and not 'big'. Decent is what its owner thinks it needs to be.

Differentials in insurance costs are pretty much negligible to most people, unless you're a spotty teenager without any 'no claims' bonus. Which obviously you must be to bring it up...

Reply to
LordyUK

Best wishes....you old bastard :o)

Mason

Reply to
Mason

Nah it's not going to happen. Lovely piece of kit, but we're not chopping Kermit in for something else and if Charlie gets a car, it'll be something "bigger."

She also reckons she doesn't "do" diesel, heh! :)

Reply to
DervMan