306 back on the road

Tomorrow with a bit of luck. It's been stood up for three months SORN'd after the tax ran out.

The battery was flat so I've just jumped it off the Grandis, and it started straight away. Can't take it out for a run to charge it up though, due to no tax.

MOT tomorrow. Wonder what they'll find?

Reply to
Abo

Corroded brake discs at a guess.

Reply to
Conor

Yeah that wouldn't surprise me, haven't had a chance to check for myself though.

Hope things are straightforward, I've got to get it through the MOT, tax it and service it probably before Monday...

One thing I did notice was it had lost some coolant. There is a little corrosion near the bottom of the rad. It looks ok for now in a top-me-up kind of way but it'll need sorting soonish.

Reply to
Abo

Make sure you give it a damn good blast on the way to the test centre. It'll do your engine and brakes the world of good ;)

Good luck!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Maybe give things a once over before hand..? Or at least make sure the brakes work before aforementioned Italian tune-up... ;)

Reply to
DervMan

Heh, it blew a huge cloud of soot out when I first started it yesterday, but it ran nice and clean after that.

The test centre is about half a mile away from my house and it's urban

30 all the way. I could take it for quick up and down the country lane out the back, dunno if a copper would like the extended route to the test centre though lol

Haven't got time, I'm dropping it off at 9 lol. I had a quick peep at the brake discs and TBH I'll at least get an advisory on them...

Thanks :)

Reply to
Abo

One Italian tune up later, it's running great and stops in a straight line under *heavy* braking...

Reply to
Abo