5 Car Fantasy Garage

I've covered road-going Grand Tourer with the 8C Competizione.

Reply to
SteveH

Oh aye.

If I had to have a Ferrari, that'd be the one for me though.

Sheesh, here I am in t'internet talking about owning a Ferrari as if it'd be a hardship. It's a bloody fantasy garage.

Reply to
Pete M

Well the Veyron doesn't exactly fall into the uselss category. By all accounts it's just a very quick Passat (albeit with limited storate space) :)

Reply to
Lordy.UK

"storage" obviously...

Reply to
Lordy.UK

History. And the fact that Skoda crashed out of less world class rallies than Mitsu, and have a better record of wins.

Reply to
Elder

I actually have somewhere, photocopies of copies of the original Group B Skoda motorsport modifications that were made to the production chassis and suspension, transmission, brakes and engine to change it from a car that produced 56bhp and drove average to a car that produced 130bhp and drove like a 911, all the notes and instructions are in Czech.

Reply to
Elder

Care to name any other manufacturer who made a serious effort in the

1300cc Group B class?

It's easy to win in a class of one manufacturer.

Reply to
SteveH

Range Rover Sport S/C Lambo Gallardo. Aston V8 Vantage. Bentley Arnage Mulliner (chrome- i'm not ashamed!) NEW Mini Cooper S.

James

Reply to
Tim..

All rubbish!

Porcshe 998 911 Turbo. Magnum grey, with the orange leather. Ferrari 365GTB Daytona. Red! Cit DS Decaportable BLACK.

1932 Bugatti type 35 s/c No 5th car, just a personnal mechanic to keep them all going..

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

I never understood the need for special colored leather. There is a 997 Turbo (6/2006, 8000 km) black outside with a interior in a kind of flourescent green for sale at Porsche Brussels. It hurts the eyes when you are inside.

The interior alone had a extra price-tag of 10.000 Eur, but nobody wants it.

A similar silver 911 Turbo (997, black interior, 3/2006, 11000 km) has a ticket of 130.000 Eur.

The black one stands now at 110.000 Eur (second time its price has come down) and according to one of the sales persons the car attracts interested parties who flee once they opened a door :-)

My remarque that it would be an excellent choice and bargain for a colorblind person drew a kind of "green" laughter...

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Doesn't matter. A class win is a class win. They were working on a 2 litre twink engine when VW took over. As it happens, later after the dropping of group B, the Favorits and Felicias were still competing in different classes to the bigger engined cars, they were posting faster stage times regularly.

Reply to
Elder

Yes, possibly because, as always, they concentrated their efforts in classes where other manufacturers didn't field factory teams.

Very clever marketing - only privateers vs full factory effort meant lots of class wins to shout about.

Their full-blown WRC efforts have been less than successfull.

Reply to
SteveH

Delta HF integrale Evo. Fast road or Group B spec in martini colours with a cage.

Jaguar XJ. Not sure which one.

A silly E30. Either an M3 or an alpina style big engine swap.

A merc 190E Evo. The one with the gorgeous arches and massive spoiler

Last car would probably a Sapphire Cosworth...

Basically a load of proper kit that with some motorsport history and a cruiser.

Reply to
Doki

The Integrale was a Group A car.

If you want the Group B spec, I think you mean the Delta S4, which wasn't really a Delta at all.

Reply to
SteveH

Pah.

An utterly original Ford Racing Puma.

Ferrari F40.

An early 70s Corvette.

B5.5 Passat, the fastest thing known to man.

And for everyday use, a Caterham. TDCi of course.

Reply to
DervMan

Keep seeing the F40 mentioned, but isn't the F50 supposed to be the archetypal supercar... *so* much more talented than the F50 was.

Suppose it's down to the looks though, what with the F40 being stunning, and the F50 a chest wig.

Reply to
Lordy.UK

ISTR the F50 being categorised as a disappointment and 'tart's handbag' when it was new.

Reply to
SteveH

It was, incorrectly. The F50 had a proper F1 engine in it, and proper F1 construction. And should be on my list...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

A recent thing I read in some mag, Evo possibly, they ranked the F50 as the actual best Ferrari ever in real life...

Reply to
Iridium

You mean the VW rally team? It may have a Skoda badge on, but they even declare it as a German team. Nothing Skoda left about it. They closed down the old Skoda Motorsport=20 facility and moved the name to a german plant, built the cars there and=20 started losing. The Most successful recent Skoda was Felicia under=20 Kitcar rules. The rest has been un reliable and only average when it=20 worked.

They could do better, but they don't seem to want to.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Playing at home:Cr=FCxshadows-Windbringer

Elder