5th Gear..

Woo-hoo, singing the praises of mint, low mileage Capris with full service history...

I suspect I'll have to do the cambelt on mine..

Reply to
Pete M

LOL! It even got Charlie interested...

But she asked, "do they do a V8?" :-/

Reply to
DervMan

there was one on ebay last week with a V8 chevy in it :)

i entered the competition to win it, only for i'd like really, be a great drift car! :)

Reply to
Vamp

Cambelt? V6 didn't have a cambelt. Most of them have been put up trees and though hedges backwards, almost all the rest are junk. Maybe some interest in a very high spec 2L (to rob out for parts to upgrade a V6) but soon won't be worth the price of a cam and rocker kit.

Peter Hill

nice!

Reply to
REMUS

nice!

Reply to
REMUS

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Peter Hill decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Oh, well spotted Sherlock.

Mine is a 2.0 Laser. Not the most desirable of Capris admittedly, but it's immaculate. Not just clean and tidy, it's immaculate. It's as good as the one they're giving away on 5th gear, has the same amount of history, has the original bill of sale (in the original dealership brochure), full service history, all old MOTs, handbook, original radio, 83000 miles, and better than all of the Lasers I've seen at classic car shows in the last 12 months.

How many 1986 cars do you know where you can identify the original salesman (Peter Bewick of Quicks of Old Trafford)?

It cost £6080.19, less trade in discount of 3270.19 for ERJ 78Y (another Capri) which was traded in for it.

This is it.

Ok, so it's not worth as much as a V6 Capri, it is still fun to drive and it's still worth more than I paid for it.

If I want to drive something fast with a V6, I use the Sierra.

Reply to
Pete M

Nice wheels :)

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

mmmm loverly.. except for that ugly arse.. what is it with body kit stylists that seem to run out of inspiration when it comes to the back end?

Bigus

Reply to
Bigus

Woah, I think my Mum had FRJ 68Y, which was a Cav SRi. Mint it was. Used to pick me up from school in it. Funny checked Recaro's an' all...

Reply to
-=Dan=- ©

Boom tish.

Eye thang ewe...................

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Whats the point for that s**te power output? Why not just whack a cossie lump in there and tune to 300bhp?

Reply to
DanTXD

In news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de, DanTXD decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Torque.

HTH

Reply to
Pete M

And rebuild it every 10000 miles?! Gimme that V8 everytime! And not to mention the noise!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I would buy it just for the way old v8's tick over tbh.

Reply to
REMUS

You're missing the point. Power isn't everything. Torque and noise count for a lot...

V8s sound sublime.

Reply to
DervMan

You only say that because you drive a chipped Ka with a noisy exhaust.

Power IS everything.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

LOL, I see your point, but I was thinking of the mere 300 PS V8 pickup I had a ride in when in California.

No. It is kinda cool, but it's not everything.

Reply to
DervMan

Yanks can't drive, never go fast and have cheap fuel. Here 100bhp/ton would be considered just average...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp