'95 Punto Aftermarket Rev Counter?

Hi,

I'm looking for a rev counter for my '95 Punto - the cheaper and easier to fit the better ;) does anyone have any suggestions?

Also there is a small flat spot in the acceleration in 1st/2nd/3rd - any solutions for this one too?

Cheers

James

Reply to
Jane Higginson

Don't rev the twangers off it on low gears then.

But seriously, you don't tell us where the flat spot is? It could be the rev limit er for all we know if you don't have a rev counter.

Engine size/car spec might help too.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Sounds like it's a 1.1/1.2 8v engine. They all do that - solved with a K&N and a better flowing exhaust.

Reply to
SteveH

I had one from Halfords many years ago - I would imagine they are sold still somewhere. All you need to do is screw the mount and dial into the dash somewhere and connect up a +12v ignition, earth and a white wire to the +ve of the coil.

Universal sort with a switch for 4, 6 or 8 cylinders.

No idea. Could be lots of things. I must admit I thought the Punto had a dirty great big flat spot from 800 to 8000 rpm in all the gears, BICEBW. :)

Reply to
Questions

We almost took the flat spot out completely by taking the K&N off and sticking the old original air filter back on.

I am still looking for a rev counter :)

Reply to
Jane Higginson