[a little OT] Top Gear

911 GT3. Damn i want one, damn it was fast. Possibly just topped the dream car table for me....
Reply to
Dan405

And this is over the Ford GT?

*shakes head*

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

Well, yes, it has the huge advantage of NOT being a Ford.

Or American.

Reply to
Dan405

GT3's better :)

Reply to
Dan405

Fsking Kraut efficiency vs Italian passion.....

I wonder ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

Yea well, Alfas are shit :)

Reply to
Dan405

Dan405 waffled on in a quite bewildering manner to produce...

Ooooof, that hurts... I like Italian cars as my list of previously owned machinery will attest. I like the 288 GTO as well, it's about the only Ferrari I'd really like (apart from a 456M )..

I'd still go for a 911 Turbo over one though.

Reply to
Pete M

And what's wrong with being a Ford?

And what's wrong with being American?

:)

Reply to
DervMan

In article , snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Says he who bought an American, and married a Ford, or was it the otherway round.

Clue: Which makes most demands on his wallet, and craves the most attention?

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

And what actually gets the most attention, and actually gets the most out of his wallet :-))

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I want to be able to drift like that Saudi guy. And when Martin Kemp was driving the Liana on a practice run and it snapped back on him on the last corner, bloody hell, know how that feels :P

Reply to
Doki

Can't tempt Sir with an Alfa 8C, then?

Reply to
SteveH

Not much nowadays. But it's only very recently they've started making good cars - you know full-well that the older Festers, Escorts, Sierras, etc. were DIRE :)

They've never managed to make good cars in the past !

Reply to
Nom

Have you ever driven an American car?

I challenge you to take two similar market cars - say, a 1980 Cortina and a 1975 Ford LTD - and drive them a: from one end of the country to the other, and b: down a typical American town road at 55mph.

Once you've finished picking up parts of Cortina, tell me that the Americans can't build cars. Seriously, they may not be dynamically honed (though they are frequently better than imagined), they may be a little heavy-handed in styling terms. But good? They're the best things you can get for the purpose.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

Not if you have an ounce of sense.

Acksherally I'd prefer a Dodge Ram to the GT3 or the Ford GT. Yes the Ford GT is very nice and all, but the Dodge is a really funny vehicle to drive around. Scares boy racers.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Nom waffled on in a quite bewildering manner to produce...

ahem :-P

Reply to
Pete M

"For the purpose" being the operative phrase.

My main purpose, is my 9 mile country-lane work commute. Pretty much any American car would be hopeless :)

Reply to
Nom

I think I've seen one of those in a crew cab form. Huge monster that makes all the SUV type pickups look small.

8 litre isn't it? Plant you foot, see you aren't going forward. Look out the window, "Ah, I see, it isn't the wheels that are spinning, it is the tarmac that is wrinkling.".
Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Heh heh heh, can't argue with that!

Reply to